Kindle on Mac
The Kindle on Mac has become a favorite of reader’s overtime. It is an amazing device which lets you access so many e-books at the same time on your Mac which is called Kindle on Mac. Kindle on Mac is so easy to vary, sleek in design and makes it portable which adds to the overall reading experience. You can access books for free or even buy them for a very small price with Kindle on Mac.
So, in this guide we are going to explain the process to let you access some books from the Amazon Kindle on your Mac:
You can easily access Kindle ebooks on your Mac system by downloading and installing Kindle app on your Mac.
Prerequisites for Kindle on Mac downloading:
Please check the prerequisites list as mentioned below to avoid any error for Kindle on Mac
- Must have a working wifi connection
- Mac system is enabled with An Intel processor
- Mac with RAM 1GB and Hard disk with 42MB
- Any Apple-supplied video card supported by your computer
- Also, the operating system needs to be compatible, like Mac El Capitan 10.11, Mac Yosemite 10.10, Mac Mavericks 10.9
Downloading and Installing Kindle on Mac
- In the first step of doing Kindle app downloading for Mac, open your web browser on your computer and in the search bar type Kindle app for Mac. Here you will visit the Amazon website and from here download the app for the Kindle. After getting the link to download Kindle for Mac, click on the link and let the app to be downloaded on your computer. You will get the set of instruction to be followed to download them and install Kindle app for Mac.
- Now after the downloading the Kindle app for Mac, please drag the Kindle icon tot he application folder in your Mac. Now in the application folder, open the Kindle app.
- When the app is fully installed; click on the app icon and open it. Now login into the Amazon account. Enter your registered email address and password and click on option sign in using our secure server to log in.
- To register Kindle for Mac, open the app icon and from there click on tools and after that click on options. after this make selection for registration and for this click on options. In the left navigation menu click on registration and after that click on option Register. There you will be asked to enter your Amazon account information. Enter your Amazon account login information and then click on Register.
Register the Kindle app for Mac
In order to register the Kindle app for Mac, please make sure that your device is connected to a wireless or data network. Now locate the downloaded Kindle app file and double-click on it. In your Mac please tap the Kindle app icon. After this Enter your Amazon account information and tap on login. Here you will see that your Kindle content appears in the Library. Also, you can change or update your registration and for that tap More and then tap Settings after this tap Registration and then tap Deregister this Kindle.
How to use Kindle app on your Mac
- In order to access the content and also to see the content downloaded on your Mac, please click on the Downloaded tab. If the content is already downloaded on your Kindle app then you do not need to connect to the Internet to read the titles that you have already downloaded to your computer.
- In case you want to see the content and files which are not downloaded into your Kindle app account library click All. Some content, such as personal documents are not compatible with Kindle for Mac. An internet connection is not needed to see the titles which are already there in your Mac.
- You can sort content on your home screen of Mac. In there you can Sort by title, author or recent. To do this select the drop-down menu at the top of the screen to sort titles by Recently Viewed, Title or Author.
- To change the display of your content, click over the options cover view icon to display title covers in a grid. You can also change the view to list view and for that Click the List View icon to display title covers in a list.
- The language option on your Kindle app for Mac fairly depends upon the language of your Mac system as the language of the user interface on Kindle for Mac will be the same as the operating system on your computer. If in case you would like to see the user interface on a different language, we advise you to use Kindle Cloud Reader, as this is currently not available on Kindle for Mac.
Download the ebook
- On the left side of the app in your application folder of Mac, you will find three sections namely items, Downloaded items, and Archived items. You can download any book from your cloud which is Archived and stored in the cloud and marked by a cloud icon in the bottom right corner. To download a book from your Cloud, simply double-click on the book cover. Also, you have the option to right-click and select “Download” to do that.
Reading with Kindle App on Mac
Well, reading with Kindle app on your Mac is simply dragging pages up and down with a mouse or with the mouse wheel. Also, the Mac user has the option to use the white arrow on the right to skip pages. But there is no such feature of zooming in or zooming out feature in this app on the app, which user thinks so basic. You can add bookmarks on any page by just clicking Bookmark and a small fold will appear in the top right corner of the page for when you return to the book later. There are detailed keyboard shortcuts with details of which can be found on the Kindle for Mac help page.
Kindle has made some changes such as Localizing the app language in French, Spanish, Italian, and Brazilian Portuguese. Another feature which is added is to Support for collections allows you to take control of your Kindle library and organize your books with ease. Book Extras by Shelfari. Access character descriptions, important places, popular quotations, themes, and book-specific glossaries from Shelfari, the community-powered encyclopedia for book-lovers. Another good feature is to Support for Kindle Print Replica content, which may look like the corresponding print book with words and images in the position corresponding to the print edition. See more detail on Print Replica content here. Also the Support for reading most PDF files within the Kindle application, including functionality such as zoom and pan, highlighting, note-taking, dictionary lookup, and bookmarks.
Features of Kindle app for Mac
In order to use the Kindle app for Mac please make sure that you are using the Mac computer running OS X 10.9.5 or higher. The new Kindle App for Mac includes the below-mentioned feature:
- The Kindle App has six new fonts including Caecilia, Palatino, Baskerville, Helvetica, Helvetica Light, and Lucida) in the Aa (Fonts) menu.
- Now the Kindle app users have an access to new Column Reading Options where they can now choose to read with a one-column view, two-column view, or multi-column view.
- Also, the user of Kindle app in Mac have access to features like the viewer for images, math equations, and footnotes – You can now enlarge and view images, MathML (mathematical markup language), and footnotes. This all includes to Double-click images and math equations to open them in the viewer. To view and enlarge a footnote, tap the desired footnote. To close the viewer, use the exit icon in the upper right corner of the viewer window.
- A Kindle app user in Mac can now split the Mac screen to read while using other applications on your Mac running Mac OS X 10.11 or above.
- The Kindle App for Mac includes a feature like Improved support for Magic Mouse gestures and General performance improvements.
- The user can download Thousands of free classics which are available in the Kindle Store in your Kindle app on Mac
- Also, there are thousands of free book samples – read the first chapter free before you decide to buy.
- In Kindle for Mac app, you can Customize your reading experience by choosing the background color and font size.
- The added feature of Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Select a word to view the definition. Use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
- After using the Kindle app on Mac you can use your Kindle account on any other device as You can also read your Kindle books on your Kindle, Kindle 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DX, iPhone, iPad, PC, Android-based device, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone 7/8-based device.
Note: in order to confirm that your app is operating on the latest version, select Kindle, then About Kindle on your Kindle for Mac app.
Note: Kindle for Mac applications running a software version below 1.14.0 is no longer supported. In order to keep using and reading ebook content on your Kindle app, you can easily download and install for free the latest version of the Kindle for Mac. If you are running an operating system that is not compatible with the Kindle app, users can have access to e-reading from your computer with Kindle Cloud Reader
Here are some other relevant links, you might find interesting: